View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

Many years ago, I was really finding my Spiritual side. I was studying my Bible and reading every night, I was feeling a sense of peace that I'd not experienced before, etc. but I ended up pulling away from it and dropping the whole thing.

Many years later, after my now Xah and I had seperated, I began to notice a lot of different things. Things that may not have seemed like much if they had been individual things - but looked rather large when looked at as a group.

Things were happening in my life that were to coincidental to be a coincident. Day after day - I noticed something. Time and time again, a need was met for my kids and I out of nowhere. Things were happening in my life that were just too big and important to be coincident. And in those repeated happenings....my Faith started being restored. I have no doubt in my mind that a Power much much greater than myself was working His magic in my life.

For me, finding God again was being able to open my eyes and look around and see the blessings in my life that I couldn't explain as something normal. Seeing the repeated blessings that were happening that were far more than coincidence. One day I realized also that I'd completely changed my whole group of friends without even realizing it. The majority of the new friends that I'd made were spiritual in some manner or other - not all at the same level - but each had a sense of God and each of them were at diffent levels in their relationship with their God. But funny how I'd not noticed my switch in friends, nor had I noticed the calm and serene lives these people led before.

It's hard to explain to someone how to find God. It takes Faith. But in the thought of you asking and seeking, I believe that there must be some seed there that is wanting to sprout. Perhaps moreso, you are just looking for the water to make it grow.

Start slow and I believe you will find the answers you are seeking.