View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
INHISGRACE

Hi Luv,
I am confident that your sincere desire to reach out and find God will lead you to Him. For me my faith is not a "warm and fuzzy feeling" but is based on the evidence I percieve. My faith was tested when my wife got cancer and we lost our home. Depite the way I "felt" at the time I continued to lean on Him. By that I mean I would ask him to help me endure my depression and begged for him to show me that He was there. I must admit I had more days of silence than not, but the more my week faith was stretched the more it grew. I continued to press on in prayer despite me "feeling" like I was talking to the wall. In small ways he showed himself to be in control. I could chalk these small occurances up to coincidance but I chose not to. I think that by your simple question and your desire for His comfort you do have faith. Keep your search simple and your motives pure and what faith you have will surely grow. Just remember God does not want religeon he wants a personal relationship as a Parent has with a child. A book that helped me was "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. Do not think you have to "earn" his love by being good. Come to him as you are and let Him do the rest. I hope this helps and I believe you are on the right path to the peace in which you seek.