View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
luvmyfurbabies

How do you believe in God?

I am 46 years old and struggling to believe there is a God. When I was growing up I was never taught there was a God. My grandparents went to church and on occasion I went with them but I didn't know exactly why I was there. When I stayed all night with my cousin I went to church with her on Sunday and wondered why I didn't get to go up front and get something to eat like she did. I have had many debates with people about this and I think it boils down to having faith. I want to have that faith. When I hear "Let go and let God", I can't because I don't know how. I go with my mom to her church for some functions and try so hard to believe. My sister, who was raised by her father, is very religious and we have had many talks about this. I'm trying to figure out what part of my life is missing. A friend recently loaned me the book "Battlefield in my mind" by Joyce Meyers and it's so confusing to me. Tomorrow night I'm going with my mom and sister to a gospel cafe at a local church and I don't even like gospel music. Any advice for the lost soul in me? Are there any good books that would help me?