Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LadyJane666

Squirrels

I know what you mean Nolonger - I can (far, far less now that I'm not drinking) certainly obsess over what I would do/say if something happened to one of my kids and I had to discuss what to do with an organ transplant person. What would I do, and would I call a vicar? For that I would like to collect my crazy prize now please.

Teach and Ron I've taken your advice on the vitamins and have been to the health shop and stocked up. I've also got an appointment with the Dr for this afternoon - I've written down a few antidepressants that deal with anxiety and I'll see if I can squeeze something out of her. They are sooooo stingy here! Or perhaps just super cautious about over-medicating.

The article on PAW was totally new to me and very useful.

Paul thank you for your post, I'm pleased to hear that I am not alone in this loopy squirrelyness. I am surprised that this is happening but then I haven't strung together this length of sobriety for many years. I've read through quite a lot of your different posts and they are making me think!

My firm "no thank you" stance about AA is mostly about fear and ignorance. I've done what is probably the most annoying thing to AA followers which is attend a few meetings and then stomp out thinking "Moi? Powerless?! Pah!"

I would like to ask you a few questions about how you have reconciled yourself to and welcomed the new way of living but I totally understand if you are pigsick of defending/explaining yourself. I think I might not be alone in wanting to ask what might be silly questions without being deluged in rhetoric that currently does not resonate for me. Either way, thank you for your post.

Best wishes
Jane