View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
BeamMeUpScotty

Hello all,

Just wanted to check in. I didn't do well the past couple days, but I think I'm ready now. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. So now I get to go through some sleepless nights. Small price I guess. Thanks again for all your support--it has helped me.

I still don't have to go to work until next Wednesday, so I have some time to start to work through things again before I have to concentrate on teaching. I forced myself to walk to the supermarket tonight instead of taking my moped. I returned covered in sweat in about 36 degree weather, but I didn't buy any alcohol. Now I just have to make sure I don't take a walk to the 7-11 (there's no "time-limit" for them to stop selling alcohol in Japan).

Well, I guess today can be symbolic for shaking up my life in at least 2 ways. Besides being determined to stop drinking, there was an earthquake this morning. It was only a small one, but large enough to wake me. Luckily I live in a mansion, which in Japan just means a steel framed apartment building. These hold up much better in quakes. I just hope a big one doesn't hit while I'm at work. The building is 38 years old and you can see the cracks in the walls from previous quakes.

Well, thanks again. I guess I'm going to spend the night watching DVDs and "LOST" episodes--and drinking herbal tea.