View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ellie217

Thank you so much for all your replies! I appreciate it so much, especially all the great information Green Tea has provided. I have been fighting this for years now... knowing deep down that I'm not like everyone else. I go through stages where I do well and don't drink too much, but then there is that night where everyone is drinking it up and there I go again. I get so mad that alcohol affects me so differently than others. Why can't I be normal?

I don't think I am ready to stop drinking completely. Just want to be honest with everyone. One comment that got me thinking was from Glass Prisoner. From the big book... can you have a drink or two, and then stop. I want to try that. It's so hard to quit completely when everyone around you is normal and drinks. I just don't think I have the willpower to do it. I would like to try limiting myself.

See, I have never told myself a number to stop at because EVERYTIME I drink alcohol affects me differently. Sometimes I can drink up to 5 or 6 drinks and not feel a thing. But then sometimes I can have a few sips of a drink and feel a buzz. So limiting the number of drinks never seemed right for me. In the threads it was discussed that alcoholics build up a tolerance. I don't think I have ever built up a tolerance so I am confused on that. BUT, I have come to realize that I have to do something different.

Do you think it is bad that I want to try limiting the number of drinks I have? I have decided that no matter how it affects me that night or not, I will stop at that number. What do you guys think?

I do see I have alcoholic tendencies, but I also don't see a lot of others ones in me as well. I'm just confused.

Thanks again for listening and all the great information!