View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Kats I went through de-tox under medical supervision, I highly reccommend it, withdrawal for alcohol can kill!

As others have said, you may want to talk to a doctor. One very important thing to keep in mind for the future, if you are an alcoholic drinking or sober for 10 years, you need to make sure that any doctor or dentist that is treating you is aware of that fact, this can make a big difference in how you are treated.

One more thing to keep in mind is in selecting a long term recovery program it is far better to do this once you are sober and not before. As an alcoholic I can tell you that while I was still drinking there was no way in Hades I was going to go to AA, well I have come to find out that was my disease speaking.

I have found that when I was drinking my thought process was controled by alcohol, as a result my disease was in control of me and my entire thought process was geared towards continued drinking, the last thing my disease wanted was me in AA because that meant my disease would no longer be in charge.

Wait until you are sober to make a decision on what long term recovery program you want to get into. No matter what program you pursue none of them will work if you do not follow them.