View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
WineLiker

Originally Posted by GettinSober View Post
I went 'Cold Turkey' Wineliker and found that although I suffered sleeplessness I didn't have any other side effects. After about 7 days I slept like a baby. Halcyon days - I wish I was back there now As it happens I drink far more than you and for far longer but that doesn't mean too much as we all handle alcohol differently.

Before I came to this site I would have said that given the amount you drink and for the relatively short period of time that you would be very, very, very, very unlucky to suffer from more than sleeplessness.

But I'm not a doctor so please take those comments in that context.
One of my problems is that I have panic disorder even before I started drinking and the thought of getting the DT's/having fits scares me to death. I read through your thread with great interest before posting, and have the feeling that I need to 'nip my habit in the bud' a bit before it gets too out of hand. It's more of a routine at present, and I rarely 'crave' alcohol, but this routine seems to be taking me somewhere which might become unpleasant if I let it develop too much. I want to find a 'happy medium', if such a thing is possible (???????)

PS: Carol, I was reading that thread last night and it was the reason I rang Drinkline to ask if it was safe not to have a drink!

I'm still pondering a 'nightcap' or two at present. I'd like to try one day without, but I just feel so unsure...