View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 11:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cecilia

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
http://benefits.yourhealthconnection...opic/depverbal

Found this today. Felt good to read. It's exactly what I've been going through as a victim of verbal abuse.

Sometimes I think I let my xabf get away with it because I know he's sick. The end result is the same though for those of us who are being verbally abused.

Very informative. Thanks for posting.

I came to realize that mine was verbally abusive too. I never bought into something being wrong with me tho. Im afraid I treated him like a child having a temper tantrum. I let him have his way to keep the peace. I dont like noise and conflict.
Im afraid I became a little Too good at detaching.

People used to say how can you let him boss you like that. Thats because I feel that there is no point in arguing. I will listen to what you have to say but in the end Im the boss of me not you. So Im the one who gets to decide what I do. . Im sure Ive sent many a person over the deep end after theyve spent all that time instucting me and then I just go and do as I please. Being a codie it does save me a lot of noise tho. LOL. Ive been trying harder to speak up now. Been practicin on Elvis and my Outlaws lately.