View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
searching

Cool Update... (kinda long)

Day 7! Things have been going pretty well, the Christmas Holiday was great, my 1.5 year old son had a field day... Im not going to say its been all peaches and cream.
Im off this week and starting a new job after the first of the year, one Im not crazy about (more stress) but it must be done cause I need the mula, Im waiting on a few other offers that I would much rather have but prob wont here from them till after the first of the year. A little history on that.. I was sort of downsized out at the agency I was working for about 6 months ago. Couldnt really find anything else and all that free time lead to a lot more drinking.. So much so the plans that my wife and I had to open our own small business (which we had already paid to get incorperated) had to be put on a huge hold till I can get some things straightened out, if you know what I mean.
Anywho the temptation to go get a 6 or 12 pack while Im here alone has been there. Im trying to just think of my son, he is really becoming a daddys boy and I cant be there for him if Im messed up. Also the drink isnt helping me get any closer to getting my wifes trust back and our business going. Also what a days buzz could do for me or against me really even isnt close. I also know that that a 6 or 12er can and most likely will become many many more.
So thats day 7 for me, still holding on, we have some great sober plans with friends and their kids for New Years so that should be fun. Will try to keep things updated.. Once again thanks for listening!

J

I believe in fate and destination, but so much of that lies in our own hands If you know what you want, just go on out and get it, don't give up, If you want love, you've got to give a little, If you want faith, you just believe a little, If you want peace, turn your cheek a little, you see you've got to give to live! (Van Halen/Sammy Hagar)