Thread: New problem
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT

Now this would be a wonderful "problem" for anyone, but when you stop and consider the list of "things to do " that it replaced, it is a miracle.

My old list used to consist of checking for stash, reading cell phone bills, worrying, thinking of all the "what if's", worrying some more, isolating, pacing, bailing out, visiting detox/jail/program, losing sleep, trying to catch up on sleep...well you've been there so you know.

Like you, my list is also so much more wonderful. Today I am going to take a nice walk, do some gardening, cook something terrific (we got hit with the blackout and I have avoided meat and groceries until I felt they were safe), and arrange to go visit a couple of old girlfriends this week for a couple of days.

The funny thing is, that I recognize that I still have the choice to pick from either list, whether my son is using or not, and I am not even tempted to go to the bad list.

Thanks for sharing this, it helps me feel gratitude for the miracle of working this program.

Hugs
Ann