View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
iwillriseabove

So, how is it okay for us to just keep our mouths shut when they are belittling, hateful, etc? Example... My AH asked me LAST weekend to call in his prescription for his reflux med. I did and it said it would be ready Monday (this past Monday). Today, he calls me and tells me that his chest was hurting and asked if I could check with the store and see if it was ready. I said I would, but forgot, so a couple of hours later, he called. When I told him I forgot, he starts going off, saying how if I cared about him and his health, I would have called, and F this and F that, blah, blah, blah. Then he comes home and gets our son to take him to a movie, and then walks out the door and asks me if I think I can remember to go and pick up our other child from daycare. Then he says, "Nevermind. I'll do it b/c that's probably too much of a chore for you to remember." Saying this stuff right in front of our 7 year old son, who is saying, "Dad, Mom never forgets us!" He just turns on a dime. I don't think he has been drinking tonight, but that explains why he is acting like this -- b/c he WANTS to be drinking!