View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
iwillriseabove

Am I wrong in this???

My AH, who is passed out right now, asked me to start getting up at 5:30 with him in the mornings and take him to the train station so that he will take the train to work. While sober, he was really good at taking the train to work (b/c the drive is an hour to an hour and a half away b/c of traffic), but since he has relapsed, he has been driving. He said just for like a week, to get him over the hump. Several problems I have with this. The main one is that we would have to get our kids out of bed to do this. Two, the problem isn't going to get better and I can't do that forever. I suggested that the only way I would do that is if he agreed to take another train to an AA meeting after work, and then hop on it and come back home. He wasn't thrilled with this.

He is mad b/c I didn't high-five him for asking for help. I have asked him for help our whole marriage. I have been inconvenienced by him for years and now he wants this??? He thinks I am being selfish by not jumping at the opportunity to help him, but what about him helping himself? Am I wrong?