View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mallowcup

I know a bartender who would say the same things this poster is saying. Four days after my wedding, a beloved friend of mine had a few drinks and was ready to leave. The bartender said, "have one on the house". Have one more, well, good judgement gone (which was the intent) had enough that now he was a the joke, everyone laughing at how he staggered and slurred. They all sat there having a laugh. His wallet now empty, "OK, well, you be careful drinving home buddy". He was decapitated at 35 miles an hour. That bartender stood right there and poured this guy one after another knowing full well he was too drunk to drive but her interest was over at that point. HIs head was found in the back seat of the car. He had a 10 year old daughter and a wife who had called the bar and told the bartender to take his keys and she would come and get him. To this day that bartender brags about how his wake was her biggest tip day. Why is is not wrong to take a job where this poster admits that she was intructed to keep people drinking who were already drunk? I'm not sure what wage has to do with it. I do not refer to sceince, I refer to the expriences of my life and when someone sees that they had a part in making matters worse instead of better, I think its' great that they see the light and change. We will have to disagree.