View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
deax

Originally Posted by princesas2005 View Post
thank u deax i do understand what you are saying we where goinig to salvation army in texas for help , he tells me that he wants to stop but i do feel that at times his judgement is not the safest for our family . my mom said that she would help me i thinking about calling her because i don;t feel strong enough anymore to carriage the baggage of hurt and pain any further not only for me but my son to who i love very much i just wanna be happy but everytime , i get happy he knocks me down off the cloud. i sort of feel like i'm young and i have a chance to be come more as far as him he is older and i think he gets jealous of the fact that i want to improve, anyways thank for the message.

princesas
Age is another factor too... there was 18 years between me and my ex also. That's a big age difference! And if he doesn't want you to improve-- ask yourself, is that the kind of love you want? Love means 2 people who want good things for each other. Many times in an addict's case, they are so self-cetered and misery loves company. They don't support anything that would make their lives more difficult or make their problems harder to deny-- like losing you.

Princesas you don't have to decide anything right this minute, but you and your son have your whole lives ahead of you. You can start by thinking about what it is you want for your life, what would make you happy. Whether your husband sobers up or not, you stil lhave your own life to live.