View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
embraced2000

....you were doing your job. it was not your fault, or your responsibility that people became alcoholics or ruined their lives. it is their responsibility to drink alcohol like a sane person.....

let's put your reasoning to the test.....lets say you worked in establishments that sold products to the public....would you feel guilty about serving a big mac to a fat person???? would you feel guilty for selling cigarettes to someone who chooses to smoke???? would you feel guilty for selling spray paint to someone who chose to huff it for a high???? would you feel guilty for selling razors to someone who cuts themselves???.......of course not...

adults are supposed to be responsible, productive citizens of a community. if they choose to live their lives any certain way....it is their choice. you did not cause them to be alcoholics. you are not that powerful, sis....

i understand how you feel.....once we get on the road to recovery, like you have done.....we look at things with different eyes....and you are beginning to look around and see things differently. that is a very good thing.

i walked around with so much guilt for so long in the beginning of my journey .....so i really do understand.

hey....you have a great day, ok????

love to you
jeri