View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Do I think you should leave him once and for all? ABSOLUTELY. But contrary to what you might think, that won't solve all your problems. If you don't get help for yourself, you are destined to pick yet another partner nearly the same as your last, as you, yourself, said you've already done once.

Why? That's because unless we learn from our past mistakes, we are also destined to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. So what mistakes are you making, you might ask?

Well, accepting unacceptable behavior from your partners for one and not just on one occassion, but repeatedly over the past two years. You also accept a partner who obviously doesn't share the financial burdeon. One who's most likely an alcoholic and one who's cheated on you. Most women would have run from this a long time ago. So why, then, do folks like you and me stay? Because we don't think we deserve more. The good new is that you're starting to question the part you play in this mess, or you wouldn't be here.

So how do you get help for yourself? I used Alanon, SoberRecovery, and did lots of research on alcoholism and codependency. Stick around, there's much support to be had here and much to learn.

I look forward to getting to know you.