View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by tracee1010 View Post
Many of my clients struggle with this concept for a long time, especially the ones who do not believe in God, which is not even necessary. There is a difference between Spirituality and Religon. you dont have to believe in God to be Spiritual. Its about faith, and what you put into something. The example I use is- I am catholic and have a Rosary hanging from my rear view mirror. My friend, who thinks all Catholics are crazy says to me "why do you have that hanging in your car? Do you REALLY think thats gonna protect you from anything?" My answer is YES, I DO! But its not about the Rosery, It the faith that I have in this object that God or a HP will keep me and my son safe while we drive. It dosent matter if it was a soda can hanging from a shoe string... its what I Believe the object does for me...... I cannot contol everyone on the road, so I turn it over to my HP/Rosery/God (in my case) and belive my faith will promote protection... Does that make sense????
What do you tell your clients who aren't capable of superstitious or magical thinking?