View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rocky
Paused

To: Just Tired

Thanks for the welcome! My BF does not live with me at this time. We are actually in different states at the moment, but plan on reuniting in the near future. I have the attitude that what ever happens-happens and he knows that. I don't want to put stress or demands on him and I'm afraid if my timing is bad, and I ask him about his parole stipulations at the wrong moment, he might think I am putting even MORE pressure on him and he'll either drink, or split, or both! Now I'm smart enough to know that it won't be my fault if he decides to drink again because that's his choice- BUT I don't want to add fuel to the fire...ya know what I mean? I also think that his drinking, in part, has a lot to do with low self esteem. His attitude in the past was if I fail, I'm gonna fail in a big way!I don't think that is the case at the moment, but it could easily go in that direction. Do you know if there is a program out there that focuses on what an alcoholic can do when they feel their self defeating attitude is beginning to surface? I'd like to maybe read their information so if he turns to me for help, I know the right things to say...

Thanks and hang in there, girl!
Rocky