View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bradyriley
Paused

Good morning Rocky:

I am relatively new to the world of Alocholism. About 10 months ago our son after 7 years of lies and betrayals blasted out of our lives taking our two grandchildren with him. He has surrounded himself with alocholics who can support his disease.

What I am trying to focus on is myself. I am learning to accept that I will never have, never did and most importantly at this point never will have control over him.

I am trying to learn to focus on me. What is the healthy thing for me. Learn to set boundries in all my interactions with people that support my life. Sean became the focus of more and more of my energy because it was my responsiblity to fix it - fix him.

Since he left us I have discovered so much joy in so many other things. I realize that to some extent I was not dealing with my own life in any conscious way. I used his problems and everyone elses problems to define my day - my life.

I am now spending a lot more time focusing on my own problems more own goals and generally looking out for me first.

Love yourself rocky. Recognize that no matter what happens your the first priority. What is suppose to happen will and know that if you focus on you, set boundries that support your own growth and progress you will always do the right thing.

Have a great day.

TomB