Thread: Drinking Coffee
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Mr. C:

Why is it when a woman desires a "no-strings" relationship, men assume there must be something wrong with her? You don't assume that of your male friends, do you?

And why is it when women are strong and independent and don't necessarily need a full-time partner to feel complete that men claim that "feminism" messed things up? Or that the woman herself is messed up?

Look around you, Mr. C. Thankfully, the world changed for women a long time ago. You seem to be stuck in a by-gone era. This is not the 1950s.

I have never had a need or desire to be married. I am not "half of a whole." I am complete by myself. I don't need a man in my life for financial reasons like women in the 50s and 60s did. I have as much earning power as any man, and more than most.

I don't need a man for companionship. I am completely comfortable spending time alone. I don't need to be taken care of. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself.

I don't need to spend time with a partner on a daily basis. I spend weekends only with my partner. That way, I can devote my time to taking care of my needs during the week and do anything I please.

Does all of this mean that feminism has ruined me? No, it means it has freed me to pursue the same things that men have freely pursued for centuries before us. I think the declining marriage rates show that today's women no longer need a man to feel complete.

I think what we want is a man to compliment our life on OUR terms.