View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mallowcup

This is great time of year to get a new haircut or pamper yourself a bit with a massage or a manicure. Sometimes what is good for us is good for others. At work, each dept adopts a family for the holidays. I have been shopping for our family. The list presented with ideas was so humble. Being connected to alcoholics we get robbed of the joy of helping and sharing. We tolerate and sometimes become bitter. Our adopt a family is a family of three. Mom, a four year old girl who loves Dora. and a 4 mo. baby boy. Mom has recently left alcoholic dad and needs some help. The little girl said that if she could have anything in the whole wide world, she would like a bike with training wheels. Mom asked for a warm hoodie and food would be nice. The baby needs a snowsuit and a walker. In a million years, I couldn not tell you the total joy I am having shopping for this family. We can help others, especially those praying parents of alcoholics. I made a big wreath to raffle and we will be able to give mom cash too. The best thing I could do for myself this week is to imagine that little girls face when she sees the jazzy snazzy shiney new bike under her tree. Her mom is home sweating it right now but her prayers have been answered already.