View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

It's almost over......

Tomorrow AH and I will be attending a mandatory court ordered Parenting Class/Seminar. This is mandatory in my state for divorcing couples with children.

We have already had our court hearing for our dissolution.

So after our class/seminar tomorrow, the paperwork will filed in the courthouse that we attended and then our marriage will officially and legally be over.

I know that I've not really been updating much on here about my life lately. AH and I had a big blow up in October that was another reminder to me of why this is truly the best thing to do. His actions speak so much louder than his words - though the verbal abuse that has been escalating for months speaks mighty loud as well!
Since our blow up - where I lost my patience and told him honestly how I felt about things, he's been pretty decent. We have minimal contact - only about the kids and are kind and civil to each other. But I know for me, that night in October when we had our blow up was just another big sign to me. I had already accepted the reality - but that just really served as a big reminder to me of the truth. Ironically, it was 2 days before our dissolution hearing! (Hmm.....I wonder if that was a sign to give me strength?)

People ask how I'm doing - and honestly, I am doing okay. Yes, it saddens me that our life didn't turn out like I'd dreamed and wished that it would. But I also know that my life is better today than it has been for a long time.

I know though that I have a hard time when I see AH. I can only hope that tomorrow goes well and that I find that I have gotten much stronger. Keep me in your thoughts please.

Thanks!