View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
karrotop

hi.....i feel exactly the same way....i am on day #4,and the physical part of the withdrawal is just starting to ease up......i see a therapist,and she also says I have problems with feeling unworthy,and i also self sabotage my own happiness/success....my problem stems from the fact that i was raised by a martyr mom....never learned that i was worth it.....i was raised to put others first.....and that thinking of yourself first is selfish.....my mom would forever deny herself,and blame others for her misery......no wonder i grew up with a screwed up view of,"self"..now that she is 80 years old,and in poor health,i am living here in her house...i have gotten to comfortable settling for crumbs,expecting little from people,and more importantly expecting little from myself......i am working on it though.....i always knew there had to be an underlying reason WHY I punished myself so,with the alcohol and the screwed up thinking......i never felt i was worth any better....we will get better.....let's just stay sober,and work on our issues...and keep journalling....it really helps me....just to get my feelings out....and keep coming here....i read all the posts every morning....god bless.