Thread: In the Dark
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sherella

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I think if would be easier if he didn't live three blocks from me, the soberhouse he is in doesn't really seem to have any rules except that if they think he is drinking he takes a test? other then that he can come and go as he wants just so he is considerate of others. and he has to go to classes three nights a week. He obsesses about his things like I was going to steal them, he even got another storage unit so he would be able to get them all. 2 month's ago he was telling me how much he loved me, today he's handing me the keys to my house. I am trying to pull my self together, I knew there would be some consequences for trying to get him into a program but I sure didn't think it would end up this way. Jeri. it looks as though you've been there and back, did it take along time to get to the point where your at now. My AH was sober for eighteen years but he had the same problems sober as he has when he's drunk, which leads me to believe that his problems are more emotional or mental and the alcohol just serves as a cover up for the deeper problems, while he's in these meetings do they catch this or is this something that would come under pscho therapy.