View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nina Kay
Still Standing

Hey love,
Shutter is right. We do teach people how to treat us. If we allow them to treat us with disrespect and disdain, they will. If they see us respecting ourselves, they will respect us too. If they see us liking or approving of ourselves they will like us and approve of us too. I was like you in that I didn't like and love myself, so others thought that it was okay to treat me the same way that I treated myself. I acted like I didn't matter, but they mattered so they would always pick up on that and treat me like I treated me. Just like me, the first step of your recovery is to learn to love and appreciate yourself. You and I both need to learn to be comfortable and happy in our own skin. What others think of us and how they treat us really isn't the biggest problem with us. It's how we treat ourselves and what we think of ourselves that is our biggest problem and that leads to all of our pain. Just something to think about. Keep talking here and it'll make you feel better. Keep reading others posts as well. There are alot of wonderful people here on these boards with alot of wisdom and love to share.
((((((((((((((Caring Hugs))))))))))))))