Old 11-21-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
mythreesons
Grateful Member!

Oh Hatzers I've missed you all so much, pure insanity around here as usual.

Rae, you sound great, despite your tumble, it's those Irish guys isn't it they're hanging around aren't they!?! I am so sorry that you fell and even more sorry that you don't live down the block so I could be more helpful! I am going to start apartment hunting in my neck of the woods for you... wouldn't that be fun!

This is the first night I have been on SR in what feels like a month. We had a lot of job turmoil as Rae mentioned, but all is well. They actually did cut some jobs but my dear husbands was not one of them.

So much to be thankful for this year. The show is a hit, so great, I went to opening night last week, it was fantastic!

What a difference a year makes... It was a year ago that I found this site. My life was in shambles, F was starting his second stint in out-patient. He was never home and I was ALWAYS home alone, except for the 4, 2 and newborn I was taking care of by myself. I was certain divorce was on the horizon.

A year ago this week I went down to the court house to file for child support (you can get it even when you are still married and living together, who knew!?!) I had filed and been denied foodstamps. We made too much money, not that I was seeing any of it. We were hosting Thanksgiving, ugh what a joke that was... and Christmas was on the horizon, with no money for presents for my guys. I was so sad, mad and angry were gone, I didn't have enough energy left for them, so I just stayed sad and lonely. And then I found all of you. And then I wasn't lonely anymore. And the more I read and the more I shared, I knew that the only thing that was certain for me was that on my own my life and my childrens life would be better. I could guarantee that. I had no guarantee that it would get better if I stayed with my husband so I asked him to leave, and the strength to do that came from this site. I just said what I meant and meant what I said. No screaming, no drama. I don't know why and I don't know how he came to the decision but two weeks before Christmas he decided to go inpatient. He left on January
4th.

10 months later he has steady work, for what could be years, my boys run to him when he comes home, Daddy, Daddy... even the baby toddles quickly to the back door to greet him. He is a hands on Dad, the house is shaping up and quickly. And he is a thoughtful, kind husband, I get flowers for no reason, lots of I love you's and thank you's. We celebrated our anniversary on Nov 12., 6 years, and this has been the best year by far. We have so much to be thankful for this year.

And I am so thankful for all of you too. Love and hugs, Hatzers!
Happy Thanksgiving!