View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

For me - the panic heart-racing feelings have calmed down a bit. They are still there as far as I notice things, my awareness is heightened in circumstances that cause me to remember old feelings, memories, etc.
But it is getting a little easier.

It wasn't too long ago that AH was out with my nephew and they ended up (supposedly) spending the night at the guy's they were visiting. However - when I first heard he'd been out all night (and my daughter had been at his house with him not home), I felt that same old panic feeling. I stopped myself to recognize just what that feeling was. It was odd really because I determined that the feelings I had were all feelings I associated with fear - but I can't for the life of me tell you what it was that I actually feared. It was interesting.

My point is - that for me, I still have the same reactions internally that I've always had in certain circumstances/situations - but they are getting a little easier to deal with. I believe that there will be a part of me that will always be affected by someone's alcohol usage - it's how I react as a whole that I try to keep focused on.