Old 11-18-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

Today, I'm particularly grateful to see several HATZ'ers sharing their gratitude here! It's such a wonderful way for me to start the holiday season.

Steve...as soon as your daughter trusts you to take her out, take that grandbaby to open meetings with you...of course, smoke free meetings. Let her learn from the get-go that alcoholics are not degenerates or an alien species with two heads. My Marissa went with me until she was 12 years old and discovered boys were more fun. Sometime, when I have more time, I'll share a funny story about Marissa and AA when she was about five years old.

Crystal...holidays with family are stress-free now, compared to the "good old days". I would be hung-over from the night before, drinking chablis while preparing dinner, drinking during dinner, and anxious for everyone to leave so I could go to my favorite watering hole to continue drinking. One Thanksgiving, I went to my favorite place and couldn't understand why I was the only customer there. Everyone else was at home with their families!

Erin...so good to see you again...it's been way too long. But, I'm happy that you seem to be happy and progressing nicely in your sobriety. Come back soon, and often. Hope your Canadian TDay was a great one!

Barb...maybe whoever used to organize the eatin' meetin' is no longer around...sick, moved away, passed away, or back "out there" (it does happen). Just a suggestion...but, what's to prevent you from volunteering to do the next eatin' meetin'? It would be another great way for you to give back and express gratitude for your sobriety.

Patrick...it's amazing what a "moment of clarity" can do to put things in perspective. I hope you've had (and continue to have) many more spiritual awakenings...they don't happen as often as we'd like; but, they're so special when they do. At least now we have a spirit to awaken that's not dulled by "demon rum".

Have a great week-end, everyone.