Thread: it hurts
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 05:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
IrshIzNotSmilin
been searching for the dream

When my ex got angry at me, 3 years ago, he of course told his family how aweful I am etc...and they just literally cut us off, from one day to the next. HIs family was really the only familial connection my son had...I havebrothers and sisters but we have contact only on holidays, so my son had never had much connection to them. His fathers brother and sister, mom and dad, were evreything.

This is how alcoholism works....when you divorce the man, he takes his family with him and they just forget that they have a grandson. Ive written them 3 letters over the last 2.5 years, sent to his sisters address in hopes she would forward to them....never heard a word.

And this is how alcoholism is indeed a "family" disease.[/QUOTE]

It was not alcoholism in my situation growing up. I am an only child and my dad and mom divorced when I was 12. My dad's family never got in touch. My grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins and it was a lot of water under the bridge. One cousin on my dad's side re-established me into the family by supporting me. She did it. Maybe in future your son can have this I am 43 now and did not have this until 3 years ago. I hope that you are feeling a little better today. I totally understand the black hole of pain. I hate it.