View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
butrflykisses
looking for the way.....

Feeling a little helpless

When I found this site, I was feeling kind of helpless over the situation that Im currently in.

I have been married to my AH (whose drug of choice is cocaine--IV user) for close to 13 yrs. Over the course of our marriage we have pretty much tried everything to help him overcome his addiction. I now know that it will never be, because I dont think he really wants to change. So now Im at a crossroads as to what I need to do....leave or just stay and just distance myself from him. I now that I cant control anything he does nor can I change him. But I DO need to work on myself to make ME better.

I cant talk to my friends about it nor my family....for fear of being thought of as weak for choosing to stay in this relationship--I have my reasons, reasons Im sure they would not understand--but I know that Im not weak in any way shape or form...even though at times I do feel that way. But as I read in a post on here (cant remember off the top of my head who wrote it) that its empowering in a way to know that you are MAKING the choice to stay and not being FORCED to stay.

Butrflykisses