Thread: stopping
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 02:06 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
wiebe

Hi Peter, my daughter mentioned often that she couldn't relate her problems to me when I was drunk. I thought I was very open and willing to talk. Only the half sober moments I have now make me see she could have been right. And, no, I never lose control to the extent that I'd walk in front of a car, but beer itself is like the car you are talking about, and if that is what you mean, you're right.
Chy & Don, my younger brother was a successfull (and some say brilliant) mechanical engineer working for Northen Telecom. Before he died from alcohal he mailed me a copy of the big book. I read it cover to cover. No Don, there wasn't a single endorsement of tobbacco anywhere in there (I know the question wasn't directed to me) but there was a case of a woman who's husband smoked and was a drunk. What I remmember from the story was that she was advised to turn a bit of a blind eye to what was killing her husband slowly, and to support him in staying away from what was destroying his life right now. I read the book 5 years ago and maybe I don't have the details right . It made a big impression on me though.
Peter, my impression of something I read 5 years ago can't possibly be interpreted as AA policy.
Thanks for the posts
Wiebe

Last edited by wiebe; 08-03-2003 at 02:12 AM.