View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Blake
I'm an addict.

Originally Posted by windysan
Blake,

So spirituality is trying your best to do the right thing? To do good things. It doesn't mean I have to stop attending Burningman or stop going to GWAR concerts? I do enjoy lots of the darker things out there...drugs don't happen to one of them anymore though.

So to make it simple I can say that "spirituality" is doing your best to do the right things?

The word "spirituality" makes it awful confusing. Kinda reminds me of church.
Pretty much sums it up for me dude. For me, the whole "spirit" thing comes into it when I stand up for my values and beliefs and do the right thing even when it is the less attractive thing to do...I get this really good feeling in my gut....that's as close as I get to "spiritual experiences".

As far as burning man and gwar and the like, **** go for it dude. For me, being spiritual can include some of the darker things too....I went to the house of shock a few weeks ago across the lake, with a bunch of recovering addicts and we had a blast, I enjoy really ****** up books and movies...has nothing to do with being spiritual or not.

My conscience is my "spiritual guide"...has absolutely nothing to do with religion, church or the supernatural... It's all in how you define "spiritual"