View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Blake
I'm an addict.

THat's what I'm trying to do, rectify this situation with the members of this message board.

THe facts are simple, the use of the name narcotics anonymous on this site is a violation of NA's 6th tradition (primarily, but other traditions also), NAWS stated that if the site isn't NA, which it isn't, then the best thing to do would be to change the name.

I personally feel like it is very disrespectful to the fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous four our name to be used in conjunction with advertisements without ever seeking approval from NAWS. I love NA and the very begining of our tradtions state "we keep what we have pnly with vigilance,"

THere are 3 possible ways to rectify this:
1.Accept that this board isn't NA. Change the name of the discussion board to something else and remove the name from other pages of this site that have advertising.

2. Claim this board is NA and remove all advertising from any page using the Narcotics Anonymous name, removing the links at the bottom of this forum linking to treatment/detox centers, the banner at top for the alexa toolbar so that NO outside enterprises are endorsed.

3. Leave everything the same and continue to **** on NA's traditions.

I'm really hoping that option 3 is left out of it....I have learned alot here at SR and I'd really hate to have to leave this message board, but I can't stay at a place that uses the narcotics anonymous name and willingly trashes the traditions of that fellowhip that saved my life....