View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
godsonmyside
Vision of Hope

Still sitting on Step 7. Over the last month I have been going back and forth about going on in my step work. About a week ago I had two insights about my sponsors recovery. 1) She told me that she needs to work her steps...and that she is going crazy. I don't know if she is really going crazy or not but I do know her life is not in any major control right now. 2) I realized that in the past year she has lost two sponsees when they hit step 8. Both have left the fellowship, as far as I know one went back to using. Makes me wonder why exactly.
So whos 4th step are you working these steps from, yours or hers. Step 8 is about WILLINGNESS "We made a list of all persons we had harmed annd became willing to make amends to them all". I dont see the part were it says, I didn't hurt anyone this year so Im good. Even though saying sorry to the ones we love, I dont believe that is an amends. I don't like when my Self-Deseption is pointed oout either.

If you are looking for the person that is perfect, good luck with that, we are all human. So your sponsor in an addict, qualification is good. I don't see the part were we are responsable for others recovery in this program, Sponsorship is a Two-Way street any way.

Looking at 2 steps at a time is not a good idea. Step 8 first and then on to 9. Step 9 the most important thing I need to remeber is I am not others. Sitting on Step 7? Does this sound very Humble? Applying these steps is way more important than the writing aspect....

Peace,
Todd J.