View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LIFEOUTTHERE

He just does not get it.

Why can't my STBXAH grasp that it is finally over. Why does he continue to ask me if this is what I want? Do I really want to throw away 7 years of marriage? He finally signed the divorce papers, but he is now telling me that I can stop it when I get ready to. I think I am a nice person, but it has gotten to the point that when I have to talk to him I have to be hateful towards him or he gets the wrong idea. For the most part I have tried to have no contact, but is hard when you have children.

He has called me everynight for the past week before I leave work wanting to know if we can go get something to eat and talk. I have told him NO each time and told him not to call me at work. I can't have my calls monitored b/c I work for a small company and I am the only one that answers the phone late in the evening and he knows this. He just does not get it.

We are all going trick or treating together Tuesday night with the kids. My parents are coming along with his sister and brother in law. The street has a block party and everyone dresses up and we go there every year with the kids. It is just fun for everyone. I did invite him so he could see the kids, but I told him that it meant nothing that we would discuss no grown up stuff. My parents would be there and I expected EVERYONE to get along and there was to be no drinking or alcohol on his breath or I would ask him to leave. He agreed. We shall see. I can feel my head start to ache already.

Oh yeah, he says he just does not get it, why did I left. Does not understand why I am putting him threw this. That it is not all his fault. What can he do? I have stopped trying to explain, I owe him no explanation. I OWE HIM NOTHING.