View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 07:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sunshyne
Paused

Ngaire...I think your right. I think I'm just the only one he knows he can depend on and now that that's changing he don't know how to accept it.

I took my A to rehab on Sunday after he wrecked his truck (2nd wreck in 3 weeks). I didn't say anything to him except "Good Luck". He called me on Monday and we agreed to just try the detox (8 days) first. He called me Monday evening and said he checked himself out. Get this...60 miles from home...8 dollars to his name (which I gave him)...and he knew there was noone he knew that would pick him up. Here's where I think I've come along way. I did not go pick him up. Seems like he called from every phone booth and ask if I could come and get him. At least 15 times. He did make it to town about 5 hours later. I didn't feel bad...and stayed out of a bad situation. Now he's asking me to take him again to one that was 2 blocks from the one he just left. My thoughts were if you really wanted to go you would have walked the 2 blocks and not toward home.

I still got a long way to go but I am stepping forward I think.