View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Blake
I'm an addict.

I'm sure there are a few addicts out there that could benifit from that....but I think that it's best to work one program of recovery, it's less confusing that way....most of us are confused enough as it is....

When it all comes down to it, ALL recovery programs work b/c of spiritual principles (honesty, openmindedness, willingness, patience, tolerance, hope, faith, love, ect...), NA/AA, SMART, et.al. work b/c the person using them has hope that the program can work for them, even if it's just a little glimmer of hope to begin with. Slowly and with time that hope turns in to faith through experience, I KNOW NA works for me b/c it has proven itself in my life that way. I KNOW SMART works for some people b/c it has proven itself in their lives and kept them clean. Both are powers greater than myself, that I MAKE A DECISION to follow (read: turn my will and my life over to...3rd step) or not.

RELIGION has nothing to do with the 12 steps....it can, if you CHOOSE to make it a part, but it will NEVER be a part of my working of the 12 steps.