Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
ayla zaire

candy...i'm really not trying to make you feel bad in any way...but i have to say that you are so lucky that your mom is 82 and still with you...having lost my mom at 58, i wish i had been so lucky...i think you should go for it, be patient with her and try to cherish every moment you have with her...trust me i know how hard that is as my mom often got on my nerves...and i think they try to drive you crazy on purpose...sometimes...and with three kids an elderly mother involved is a lot to take on...especially if she is the type that would try to interfere with your parenting, but maybe during your talks with her about you should suggest some ground rules...for example...you are the mother of your children and you would like to make all of the decisions on your own...unless you specifically ask her for advice...also, if she is anything like my mom...you'll need to remind her that you are an adult and no longer in need of mothering yourself...that was my biggest problem with my mom...she was a great mother but sometimes slipped and treated me like a child...which certainly did not work for me...but i still would go for it...caring for my mom was both the hardest thing i ever did and the most rewarding...and even though some of it was painful...i would not change anything because it made me stronger and gave me so much self respect...to have done a difficult(understatement) thing and to be able to say i did the best i could....and to have been blessed enough to cherish and actually enjoy many precious moments...i hope i don't sound preachy or anything...just wanted to give advice from someone whose been there and enjoyed it in spite of the fact that it was hard....good luck making a choice and remember you have to do what's best for yourself and your kids in the long run..