Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Candy Scratch

Hey gals,

Sorry I'm not posting more regularly, but life just keeps tying me up, you know?
We now have a pink eye epidemic. Argh.
Jane, I am very sorry about your little hamster. If yours was the oldest, we must have the second-oldest. Every morning I go over to his cage and take a peek. He's so still lately, but still breathing. He's certainly a senior citizen, no question. In honour of his age, I keep buying the absolute premium hamster food, thinking each time it may be his last meal. No dice. The little bugger is still hangin' in. (I certainly don't mean I hope that he checks out or anything by that comment!)

My 6 and my 9 are gymnasts -- my 9, Sonia, just got her kip and that has been a great source of joy around here! I am not a gymnast myself, so each of these joyous achievements remain a bit of a mystery to me. I'm TRYING TO LEARN!!

Kaity, my 13 (who here has a 13 driving them crazy? I know I read it!) is at a sleepover tonight. What a week I've had with her. She's on the volleyball team. Invited me to go watch. I went. The team didn't play well. She slunk into the car and just burst into tears. No matter what I said, it was the wrong thing. It is SO hard to be 13, or even 14 or 15 or 16. There are some benefits to being over 40, believe it or not.

Looks like my 82 yr old Mom is hoping to move in with lucky me. We're thinking of selling both of our homes (gulp) and moving into one that is more suitable. (She has terrible arthritis and is finding it hard to walk).

Don't get me wrong. I love her dearly. I just KNOW that we will butt heads on a few thousand things if we live together. Liss? I know you're living this now!!

The other element here is that she wants me to get rid of half of our pets. I just can't do that. I've even asked the kids, which cat should we give to a good home? They just look at me as if I've fallen off Mars. What? Mom!??!!!

Sweet Jesus, give me strength.

Candy Scratch