Old 10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
janeeyre

OK, so I baked a CHERRY PIE this afternoon! MMMMM! However, I can't take credit for it being homemade--there was a great sale on "Mrs. Smith's" frozen pies at the grocery store, so I took advantage of that.

Holy cow, it looks like we're in for a real storm! The sky to the north is very dark-gray, and the wind is still strong--blowing branches off of trees, now. Well, this is the kind of weather that just cries out for homey stuff--baking, reading, crocheting, candles, hot cocoa. I'm going to enjoy it while it's too early to be sick of cold weather. (You can bet I'll be absolutely CRAZY by the time January rolls around. Summer is much better)

Is it just me, or is the World Series late this year? I really don't follow baseball, but it occured to me that we have NFL football & NHL hockey going on now, and it doesn't seem that the World Series should be JUST beginning...

Originally posted by raerob:
Glad you're enjoying the "words of wisdom".
Oh, I'm a sucker for a good quote! I love those websites with all the quotations organized by subject/author/etc. (quotegarden.com, thinkexist.com) And one of my favorite books is "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations." (I know--what a nerd! ) Now I'm off to check out that crazythoughts.com Rae mentioned!

Have a good night/day!

Love,
Jane