Old 10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
expenguin

Good morning everyone.......Glad some of you got to check out my pumpkin ideas so far.........

Thanks raeob for the note of advise with your quote for the day.....LOVE IT.......

Etimee......I have more ideas for you......and everyone else...

Pumpkin Ideas....

Get one large Pumpkin.......One small pumpkin to fit on top of the small one to create a CONDO affect......

2nd. cut the top of each pumpkin out so you can carve out the insides................the top pumpkin you need to carve out the bottom to set it on top of the larger one........Be careful as you only need a fist size opening to let in the light from the larger pumpkin..................................The larger pumpkin needs the top off and a hole large enough to cover the bottom of the hole from your small one............ Next.... ....draw windows (not too detailed) on the front side

3rd. use a carving tool (one used to carve wood....nothing expensive ) to cut out the windows slowly so as not to mess up.........DON'T CARVE TOO DEEP.........leave some of the white skin intact to create a window effect......

4th. each carving tool is different ....so pick the one that works well for the detailed work......

5th. Carve the orange skin away carefully only leaving what you need to show your design........

6th. once done you can carefully stack the small one on top of the larger one...................Be careful to place it some where that it won't get knocked over...........Otherwise you can secure it with a nail or two from the inside ....that might work........
HAVE FUN.....I saw this one in a magazine.......But it only showed the windows..........I may add a moon and some things flying in the darkness........and maybe a black cat in the window or something.........

Love ya all and have a wonderful day........The sun is out here and it is about 85 degrees........with 30-40 at night......

Little Penguin