Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
janeeyre

GOOD MORNING!!! (coffee's kicking in bigtime--I'm on my 3rd cup!)

Originally posted by ayla zaire:
it would be wonderful if the first time i saw the ocean it was with my sistas...how do you get to (almost) thirty and not see the ocean?
Ayla, don't feel bad--I'm 39 and have never seen the ocean! It really would be GREAT to see it with you all.

Liss, I saw that Mentos/Coke thing on the Discovery channel--"Mythbusters" (my boys LOVE that show). It's pretty wild! (Oh, and I've become my mom, too--one of my favorite winter pastimes is to sit in the sunny south window, where I have a birdfeeder just outside. I keep my trusty Audubon Society Bird Identification guide handy and just watch the birds! My mom does the same thing where she lives...)

Oh Beezy, I do not envy you being stuck inside with your bum knee....thank God your friend is coming over!

About meetings--I've never been to one. My main source of support is good old SR, and I have a couple of trusted girlfriends here in town who have alcohol issues, too--we keep one another accountable.

Welp, kiddos and I are off to the dentist this morning (oh, joy.) Talk to you all later!

Jane