Thread: one week!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
splithead

one week!!!!!!

thanks to the help and support of those here, alot of prayer, one meeting a day, and my own desire to quit no matter how bad it got, i havent used for 7 days!!!! 8 days ago i never would have thought it was possible. i feel great and to think that if i continue to work my program, it will only get better. i was taking 30-40 painkillers a day for the last 6 years. if i can do it anyone can. thanks to all for the support. i know a week isnt long, but to me its a minor miracle. its a small step but never the less a very important one. i realize from reading here that not everyone believes in going to meetings and working the steps, but for myself its the only way and i mean the only thing that has helped me stay clean. along with the great support that i have recieved from this site, i consider this site a part of my program to stay clean, i know that i'll never have to use again. for this im very grateful. im convinced that i could not have done it on my own. believe me ive tried before and rarely made it 7 hours let alone 7 days. i know that a week is not very long but its the best start ive ever had, and i owe it all to you guys. thanks. heres to another day clean!!!!