View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kimberdt

(((splithead)))
Oh, I wish I could tellya its ok to have a coupla beers. Wish I COULD have a coupla... Dag. I'm an alcoholic, binged on vodka / gin. Couple beers never hurt me. But I really can't even have a 12 oz w/o falling in the gutter/hospital. Last spring, I was post-op, took narc painkillers, never an issue for me, but I was scared to death. I'd told my OS my probs so he could help me best. They worked for my pain, and I flushed them in the toidy when it was gone, so they wouldn't hurt me... If I hadn't, he'd not have been wiliing to refill, so I "COULDN'T" go down that road. Self-defense, get it? My point, from an opposing POV but similar is, I KNOW I'm an addict, my drug of choice is alcohol... but if I got the warm fuzzies from any med, I'd be vulnerable, see? If your thing is pills, and you get all warm/fuzzy on beer, you'd be vulnerable. What IF at the game, you met up with a Buddy who happened to have some of your drug of choice??? Not tryna be mean, but for real, for your daggone life, what IF??? A beer giveing you the "warm fuzzies", making you feel "its all good", could be an open vein. PLEASE DON"T do it. I really do love you as a brother, know others here do as well, and I pray for your health, only your best health.. K Please post your decision, we will look for it, and you will learn we love you regardless of your choices...