View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
marriedithink

Originally Posted by denny57
I'm curious - have you been told this by everyone you meet or just certain people?
I've been told that by alot of people, maybe not in so many words. Even my mother has told me that I come off that way. She knows how loving I am but she has also said I can be very cold. I have the ability I realize this and it's been a battle for me lately, I slip into self protection mode. Anyway sometimes I think people are quick to say I am hard because I am honest, and tend to be very blunt. The toughest thing for me has been that my AH was the only man I have ever really been seriously involved with. The only person I ever let into my world all the way and shared all of myself with him, and my first reaction to all of his behavior was that I was being mocked, he has laughed at me, and rejected me and thrown things back in my face. The only person I have ever opened up to so intimately used it against me. Sorry to babble.
You know it's kind of funny, talkingabout this made me think of something that happened when I was eighteen. One of my best friends stopped by and had picked up an air freshener that made her think of me. It was Garfield and the balloon said " I don't love anything" I remember saying this made you think of me? And she gave me the classic No s***t response. Surprised that I was surprised. That was 17 years ago. Makes me think a little.