View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 03:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
windysan
Big Idiot Man Child

"where do I sign up for the get rich in real estate seminar" -- man that one got me

I never could understand the "powerlessness" thing that AA/NA folks go on and on about.

I couldn't understand why there was no such thing as "will power" and it was only the higher power who could get you through(when I was in AA my higher power was a hairlipped sportscaster named Buddy Diliberto then I switched higher powers and the new one was Al Copeland---the inventor of Popeye's Fried Chicken).

Meetings started filling up with court-mandated, very sleepy people.

Meetings actually had me thinking about using again. So much for the sportscaster and the Chicken King helping out. I had to do this myself. I had to bail out of that nonsense.

I do admit that the "fellowship" helped me early on when I was returning to the world of the living very slowly but eventually meetings were a bad thing for me. To me the whole philosophy was flawed....I'm pretty stupid but I could figure that out. It all started to seem really hokey. I found the smug old-timers to be kinda pissy.

Until I came onboard here at SR and found the secular connection I thought I was completely alone in the "recovery community". I thank my higher power for pointing me here and I ask all to rush out and by a Spicy 12-piece box with red beans and rice as a side. My higher power has to make a living, ya know.