View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Hi, Mike:
I am here because I know there are people here who also have struggled or are struggling with addiction as I have; and I hope to find someone that recognizes like I have that the release of irrational thoughts and using critical thinking skills are important aspects to regaining the "spirit" and staying sober.
Welcome aboard! I believe you will find many like minded individuals here on the SC forum. And certainly, critical thinking skills are welcome anywhere on SR!
I know most of the people on this site will disagree and will try to convince me that the opposite is true that I must give up my "self" to a non-existent higher power surrender my critical thinking and "wait for the miracle". Not a chance.
I don't think you'll find that to be the case here on this forum, Mike. We've worked very hard to maintain a protected place for secular humanists.

We want a place where ALL people can be comfortable at SR. Consequently, there are forums for religious followers, the spiritually inclined, 12 steppers and now secularists.

It's true there are occassions when people will come here and try to convince us of our folly. We respectfully disagree with them, here, without resorting to bashing either the individual believer or the program.
Indeed, for the secular humanist, who uses critical thinking skills, we know that to resort to bashing means we've lost the arguement!
But, there's no need to argue here, thankfully. The secular forum is for behavioralists without the need for a HP.

There's room for us all!

Shalom!