View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 04:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ritah832

I went through years of verbal and emotional abuse. Some of the things he would say to me and about me I would rather him slapped me down. The scares always stick with you. I have been div from him almost 4 years and I still have the scars from the abuse...even my kids went through this.

I dont think they ever realize how bad they are hurting you when they are doing this. You know that they say...sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me....welllll thats not true...words stick with you longer than broke bones.

I hope it gets better for each of you but I wouldnt hold my breathe to long because when they get to this point it is hard to get them to realize what they are doing and change. They want change until they want too and most of the time they never do.

My prayers are with you all. Grace just keep hanging on to the edge of that bucket some day you will have to strength to climb on out of there. If you let him and lean on him God will give you this strength to pull on over the edge. Just take care of you.