Old 09-29-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
best
Don't get undies in a bunch

Started with just beer, went to rum and beer. Whiskey and beer and then back to just beer (cheaper could last longer through the week)
No withdrawls, no fighting with inner thoughts. The choice was made and I stopped. Being stubborn helps. I set my mind to stopping and I didn't need think about all the what ifs. When things came along that had me question if I should or shouldn't pick up a beer...I just remembered my past and knew I didn't want to return there. As Nike says...just do it...is how I made it through. If I sat about thinking on things, I may not have stopped when I did.
Just yesterday my sons were drinking and asking...so dad, how long has it been?
I did have thoughts that said...I should have just one and show them I won't melt from one beer but then my thoughts changed...no beer will remain a good example to them. My youngest is 23 and each time I am around when they are drinking...my not drinking is a example..Life can be good...Sober.
My last time drunk was about 20 years ago. The last beer I had was about 16 years ago. Two beers 16 years ago hit me like a six pack would have the 4 years before that. Two beers reminded me right quick...not for me, sober is better.